A printable Halloween escape room for kids and families you can easily set up at home.
$20 CAD, includes written & photo set up instructions & all files for 10 puzzles, 10 hint cards, 5 QR code locks, 5 paper key locks & 5 paper keys.
Instant download after purchase. Printable files to set up your own escape room at home for your kids or family. Includes 10 puzzles, 5 paper key locks & 5 QR code locks. Find out if your code is correct using a google form after scanning the QR code with your camera app on your phone.
Mystery Mansion – an escape room theme especially for kids who love Halloween!
Add CANDY for more Halloween fun!
All printable puzzles, detailed written instructions & photo instructions are included in the digital files.
10 escape room puzzles designed for kids & families. Any number of players but you will get more turns to do something in a smaller group. Game play is about 30-60 minutes but will vary depending on previous escape room experience.
Hint cards are included. These are totally optional but might make it easier for the kids to work independently without any adult assistance. Or if you are playing with the kids & do not want to see the solution by accident when looking on the parent hint/solution page.
Clear step by step set up instructions included in written form & with photos.
NO LOCKS REQUIRED
*All locks are made of paper.
*Some are QR codes you scan with your smart phone camera app to go to a google form where you will have to enter the correct code to unlock the box.
*Some are matching paper keys to paper locks.
You are welcome to replace paper locks with real locks as long as they are programmed to the exact same code as the paper locks. Real key locks can replace paper keys.
Mystery Mansion – Home Escape Room for Kids Rules
1. Only search in places when you are told to do so. You don’t want to accidentally find a key or clue too early.
2. If an object (box, bag, envelope, door etc.) has a paper lock on it (key locks or QR code locks), you must get the lock open before opening the object.
3. To open a box (or other object) with a picture of a key, you need to find the paper key that looks EXACTLY the same. Once you have the matching key, you can open the box that has the same key.
4. To unlock QR code locks scan the QR code with your phone’s camera app & click the link to a google form. You can enter your code in the form to see if it’s correct. Once it’s correct, you can open the box.
5. Stay in the game play area. The person who set up the game can tell you which room or rooms the game play area includes.
MISSION: Mystery Mansion
It’s Halloween and you’re about to go trick or treating at one last house for the night. You climb the steps at the front of the house when all of a sudden the door swings open. A huge gust of wind pushes you inside and the door slams behind you. You turn to leave, but there’s one problem… It’s locked! You notice there are many doors in this mansion but only one is open… You go in… You see a note… It says:
OPEN THE ENVELOPE ON THE TABLE
You will need this to play the game:
1. One smart phone with internet connection.
The faster you finish the game, the more stars you get!
< 30 min = ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
30-45 min = ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
45-60 min = ⭐️⭐️⭐️
60+ min = ⭐️⭐️
Gave up = ⭐️
You will need this to set up:
1. Printer with colour ink & white printer paper
3. Glue stick, stapler or tape
5. 10 empty boxes, bags, pencil cases, suitcases (to lock up & hide clues inside). Any size will work as paper can be folded to fit.
6. CANDY! – this is optional. You can choose to put any type of candy in any or all of the boxes for kids to find as they are playing the game.
You will be hiding paper keys in the following places.
These items can all be in the same room OR you can spread them out around the house. For example, the shoe can stay at your home entrance.
1. Pumpkin (real or fake)
2. Chair (any kind)
3. Drink Cup (any mug, glass or cup you would drink from)
4. Table (any size)
5. Any novel or book
Puzzle solutions included so a parent can give hints if necessary.