A printable Halloween escape room for kids and families you can easily set up at home.
$20 CAD, includes written & photo set up instructions & all files for 10 puzzles, 10 hint cards, 5 QR code locks, 5 paper key locks & 5 paper keys.
Instant download after purchase. Printable files to set up your own escape room at home for your kids or family. Includes 10 puzzles, 5 paper key locks & 5 QR code locks. Find out if your code is correct using a google form after scanning the QR code with your camera app on your phone.
Pumpkin Heist – an escape room theme especially for kids who love Halloween!
Add CANDY for more Halloween fun!
All printable puzzles, detailed written instructions & photo instructions are included in the digital files.
10 escape room puzzles designed for kids & families. Any number of players but you will get more turns to do something in a smaller group. Game play is about 30-60 minutes but will vary depending on previous escape room experience.
Hint cards are included. These are totally optional but might make it easier for the kids to work independently without any adult assistance. Or if you are playing with the kids & do not want to see the solution by accident when looking on the parent hint/solution page.
Clear step by step set up instructions included in written form & with photos.
NO LOCKS REQUIRED
*All locks are made of paper.
*Some are QR codes you scan with your smart phone camera app to go to a google form where you will have to enter the correct code to unlock the box.
*Some are matching paper keys to paper locks.
You are welcome to replace paper locks with real locks as long as they are programmed to the exact same code as the paper locks. Real key locks can replace paper keys.
Pumpkin Heist – Home Escape Room for Kids Rules
1. Only search in places when you are told to do so. You don’t want to accidentally find a key or clue too early.
2. If an object (box, bag, envelope, door etc.) has a paper lock on it (key locks or QR code locks), you must get the lock open before opening the object.
3. To open a box (or other object) with a picture of a key, you need to find the paper key that looks EXACTLY the same. Once you have the matching key, you can open the box that has the same key.
4. To unlock QR code locks scan the QR code with your phone’s camera app & click the link to a google form. You can enter your code in the form to see if it’s correct. Once it’s correct, you can open the box.
5. Stay in the game play area. The person who set up the game can tell you which room or rooms the game play area includes.
MISSION: Pumpkin Heist
Mel Skellington holds an amazing contest every October. She hides a pumpkin somewhere on her property filled with cash. Teams are invited to try to find this pumpkin. If you think this sounds easy don’t be fooled! There are tricks and traps along the way. Some teams go in, but never make it out… If you are successful, you get to keep the cash. If you take too long, watch out for Halloween ghouls and ghosts! Are you up for the challenge?
You will need this to play the game:
1. One smart phone with internet connection.
2. OPTIONAL: a pencil may help with some puzzles if you want to write something down.
The faster you finish the game, the more stars you get!
< 30 min = ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
30-45 min = ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
45-60 min = ⭐️⭐️⭐️
60+ min = ⭐️⭐️
Gave up = ⭐️
You will need this to set up:
1. Printer with colour ink & white printer paper
3. OPTIONAL – Paper Cutter – this will help you cut the puzzle faster than scissors.
5. Gluestick (tape or stapler would also work)
6. 10 empty boxes, bags, envelopes, pencil cases, suitcases, doors to rooms/cabinets (to lock up & hide clues inside). Any size will work as paper can be folded to fit inside.
7. OPTIONAL: Candy! You can choose to put any type of candy in any or all of the boxes for kids to find as they are playing the game.
You will be hiding paper keys in the following places.
These items can all be in the same room OR you can spread them out around the house. For example, the shoe can stay at your home entrance.
1. Bat (fake bat or paper cut out*)
2. Chair (any kind)
3. Table (any size)
4. Paper Pumpkin pouch made using one of the printed puzzles.
5. Light of some sort (flashlight, lamp, nightlight or decoration that lights up)
*If you are not playing this at Halloween time or you just don’t have a bat decoration you can use a printed picture of a bat (included in the file: PumpkinHeistHINTS-EXTRA) or any item that has a picture of a bat like tins or any decorations with bat images.
Puzzle solutions included so a parent can give hints if necessary.